SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trailtime

Input, Please!? Rough Ikea Kitchen Draft

Mona
3 years ago

Below is a very rough draft of new construction kitchen in our cabin. L - shaped to open living/dining area so please ignore the walls (wall to right of fridge is really not there, only short partition wall) lots of windows, super high slanted ceiling with tongue and groove cedar wood. Window wall is 15’ 8” and refrigerator wall is 11’ 9”. This does not accurately show door/drawer fronts, planning on black-brown stained Lerhyttan. Also, two cabinets to right of fridge are there only so they’re on my inventory list - it’s an IKEA hack where they will be cut to two 5” pull out spice racks located to right base cabinet right of dishwasher. Big block to left of sink is a very large pull out shelves pantry. The floating shelves will be lowered to start level with window. Possibly quartz countertop on perimeter and end-grain butcher block island. Finally, left end of island will house a built-in microwave with a drawer under it where that base cabinet with 3 drawers currently is.

I don’t like a corner, who does? Am I being crazy by just using the drawers and losing all that corner space? This is a very rough idea at this point and I would so appreciate input and thoughts. Thank you!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES