SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melissaaipapa

Latest roses to bloom

We all do this, list our freshly flowering roses, only I don't post photos, alas. Today I saw flowers on 'Mme. Alfred Carriere', 'Jaune Desprez', 'Noella Nabonnand', 'Mme. Antoine Mari', 'Sanguinea', 'Cl. Etoile de Hollande'--all these around the house--then, further down, 'Old Blush', 'Purezza', which started flowering a little while ago; then 'Fruehlingsgold' and 'Fruehlingsduft', those two lovely roses, and R. foetida, the yellowest flower there is, and very satisfactory. It doesn't get blackspot here. 'Persian Yellow' isn't in bloom yet, and, for some reason, neither is the double white Lady Banks rose, though the double yellow has been in flower for a while now.

I'm really thankful for the Spinosissima hybrids and for the Foetidas (and for all the others, of course). They can handle drought and heavy soil, and also cane girdler, which was what did in my formerly glorious R. hugonis, and the Fruehlings- roses in particular are handsome, impressive shrubs; fragrant, too. They get the rose season off to a good start.

Whoops....I forgot 'Clementina Carbonieri'.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES