SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
memphis_forrest

remodel kitchen keeping costs down

Memphis Forrest
3 years ago

I don’t think any can give numbers. I’m just wondering should I hire 1 GC for all projects or each project for someone expert in that area. Project 1 hood above cooktop - doesn’t exist now so ductwork roof cap electrical etc.
Project 2 New dishwasher to match the range and refrigerator
Project 3 new quartz countertops and new sink. This is a bigger job because demolition of the tile and there’s a pony wall in front of the sink that’s about 6 inches taller than counter. I’d like the counter to be flat so 6 inches or that pony part has to go.
Project 4 millwork. The microwave has to go in either cabinet or adjust the pantry to be cabinet above and below microwave. Either way new cabinet adjustments needed. Also my cabinet are 8 inches short of the roof. I’d like really small cabinets with glass to show off my small glass jar collection.

One thing about doing it piecemeal is I could stop and wait to save more money for the next part. Or should I bit the bullet get it all done because having one person overseeing everything will ultimately save me headaches and let money?
Pictures coming

Comments (10)