SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
megan_mcgowan28

Trying to identify this lovely TB iris. Does anyone have ideas?

I have had this gorgeous gal in my garden for YEARS, and she's one of my very best bloomers. Very prolific, and amazing to look at. I got her from a friend who gave me some other known Intermediate Bearded iris, 'Freely Given'. I got the Freely Given, but this one came along for the ride. Freely Given wasn't so good in my garden for some reason, but this one has been incredible... VERY tough and very prolific. It even survived a scrape with a careless application of Round-Up. It's super tough in our Texas droughts. Season wise, it is one of my later bloomers, blooming toward the second half of our TB season. It's very tall, getting close to 48" sometimes, but averaging around 44". Fragrance isn't all that impressive like some of my others, but it's a real visual treat. The beards are reddish-tangerine, with a golden-tan shading to the hafts, and some veining. Buds appear golden when tight, but then shade out to the light peach. These photos are reasonably close to the actual color (on my monitor, anyway). It's also SUPER prolific and throws increases like no one's business, LOL! I have to divide it about every 3 years or it will crowd itself out!

I sent several other pictures of this one to our local Iris club and to the American Iris Society to see if anyone had ideas for me, but no one responded.

Does ANYONE recognize this incredible iris?

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Columbus Premier Design-Build and General Contractor