Smile today - 4/22/21

Annie Deighnaugh

I posted this one and yet it never appeared. :(

Could it be the filter didn't like a certain word? I'll post it this way instead...

SaveComment18Like9
Comments (18)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aok27502

14 Likes Save    
seagrass_gw Cape Cod

13 Likes Save    
bpath

(Annie, my friend's company's email filter wouldn't allow them to exchange chicken breast recipes.)

2 Likes Save    
Jeb zone5

13 Likes Save    
Jasdip

8 Likes Save    
Ded tired

13 Likes Save    
Ded tired

Annie, Houzz won’t let me Like your original post, so Like, Like, Like,Like . That should last for awhile.You always have good ones.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by Annie Deighnaugh
jim_1 (Zone 9A)

It’s been a bit of a strange day! First, I found a hat with money in it. Then I was chased by an angry man with a guitar!

13 Likes Save    
buccos4vr

Susanwv

8 Likes Save    
Rusty again

12 Likes Save    
wildchild2x2

3 Likes Save    
Lars

Ded Tired, you can like the first post of a thread if you use the gardenweb portal instead of Houzz - it is working for me again. This will also eliminate the annoying "featured answer" showing up twice in one thread.

3 Likes Save    
Fun2BHere

@Lars, Thanks for posting that the Gardenweb links were working again.

ETA: Well, that's weird. I can get to this thread in Gardenweb, but when I try to go to other KT threads, I get thrown back into Houzz.

Save    
Ded tired

Lars, I have been shut out of here several times so I don’t want to mess with success.

Annie, I remember I got rejected here or somewhere when I posted about my brother’s cocatoo. Yes, I know that’s spelled wrong.

3 Likes Save    
Jasdip

Wildchild, I don't get yours. And why is the pie on the floor?

Save    
rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7

Jasdip, waitress is taking an order from Attila the Hun.

1 Like Save    
bob_cville

Jasdip: The diner customer is Atilla the Hun, so the waitress' standard friendly greeting is especially apropos.

Re: the pie: In every Bizarro comic he writes/draws he adds a piece of pie somewhere, or an eye, or a tiny dynamite stick.

from his FAQ:

What are those little things you put in your cartoons? Why is there a number above your name?

Dan read a few too many Highlights magazines as a kid, and started hiding what he calls the Bizarro Secret Symbols in his cartoons a number of years ago. Fans have come to enjoy searching for the symbols in each cartoon, and Dan always includes the number of symbols one can find in that cartoon right next to the signature. Some cartoons will have more symbols than others hiding in the drawing, so if you haven’t seen your favorite in a while, just keep your eyes open.

If you’d like to discover the mysterious folklore behind the secret symbols, read all about them here.

1 Like Save    
sjerin

I must say, when we read the actual paper (not online,) I enjoyed looking for the little symbols and was disappointed when there were only a few or even none once in awhile.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Bathroom Makeovers Reader Bathroom: $22,000 Remodel for Aging in Place in California
A 71-year-old prepares for the future by creating a bathroom that will work as she gets older — and be stylish as well as functional
Full Story
Most Popular 4 Obstacles to Decluttering — and How to Beat Them
Letting go can be hard, but it puts you more in control of your home's stuff and style. See if any of these notions are holding you back
Full Story
Life 21 Things Only People Living With Kids Will Understand
Strange smells, crowded beds, ruined furniture — here’s what cohabiting with little monsters really feels like
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
At 2 Navy Lane, we pride ourselves on amazing customer service and beautiful designs. We also offer Professional... Read More