SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20096495

Covid has a weird way.........

User
3 years ago

Back in January, my daughter called me at work to tell me she tested positive for Covid. I became a nervous wreck, and my anxiety hit an all time high. She lives with her boyfriend of 16 years. He tested negative and never did have symptoms. He could have stayed in a hotel (covered by the province, room and meals included) but felt she needed him so he stayed home. They only have one loveseat, so they sat beside each other, they slept together, they didn't disinfect anything. Just stayed inside the house (her for just over 2 weeks, him for another 14 days after she was well enough to go back to work). He never got sick.

Today, about six hours ago, she phoned me. She never phones me. Not that we never talk, but we usually use messenger or text. "hi mom!" Okay, what's up? "I've got good news and I've got bad news". I laughed. What on earth could the bad news be? "Well, for the bad news... Brads got the covid!" I can't repeat my response. Just guess. It rhymes with truck an maybe pit. "the good news is I'm fine so far!"

He caught it the same way she did: co-worker who caught it from another branch and spread it to their job (they don't work for the same company). He said his coworkers have a lot more symptoms than he does. So far he can still smell.

So now I worry all over again. What if she gets it again? With all these new variants it's very possible. And why didn't he get it in January when he was home with her the entire time she was sick? How does he get it from a co-worker in one day???? And YES, you can get it twice. She goes for a test on Saturday, but she WILL test positive. It takes months for the virus to leave your body which is why they don't test you once symptoms go away to make sure you're no longer sick.

So I made my famous "covid chicken soup" for him. I made my daughter two big batches and this is the only way I feel like I'm helping. It's LOADED with garlic (good for the blood) and I used a new spicey salt for added kick.

And now I sit and worry about my little girl all over again.

Comments (14)