SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
findingpax

Need a second opinion on shower/bathroom renovation

findingpax
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi folks! I'm nearing the end of a renovation of my condo (kitchen and two bathrooms) with a local contracting company, and there's an outstanding issue in my master bathroom that I would like to have addressed. I expanded my shower which required a custom pour. The contractor built a shower curb that is tiled on the inside and outside and the curb top is a quartz countertop piece that matches the new vanity countertops. From what I assume is poor planning, the curb top extends slightly over the barrier and into the door casing. The outside wall of the curb is also oddly slanted and he cut the door casing to accommodate the slant, which just looks sloppy.

I've raised the issue verbally and in writing at various stages and was told to have faith because it would look great in the end. Well, we're at the end and this doesn't look great. It's primarily an aesthetic issue (photos below) but I'm hoping to get a second opinion from folks who are more knowledgeable or in the industry so when I speak with the contractor again, I can do so with input/knowledge rather than saying "this just doesn't look good."

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Comments (6)