SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debra_kammerlander

Help me convince my husband this house is perfect out

We are going to look at some houses to purchase tomorrow. They are moving fast and I think this house is very unique and amazing and vintage. It is well built in 1956. The walls are not paneling but black walnut and mahogany. The kitchen floor is a kasota stone which is a stone from a nearby stone quarry and i do love the floor and from previously seeing the use of kasota stone it is the natural color, and a very smooth and looks to be in good shape. My main two areas I would want to improve is the dining room/kitchen cupboards though I assume they are solid I am not a fan of the wood am not against refacing and improving inside drawers, lazy Susan’s and pull outs, but I have not seen it yet so I do not know for-sure.
I am not against painting I just want it to be done correctly. Or even stripping and doing in a darker color. I feel the cupboard and counters/sink and all updated top line appliances will make or break the overall look,
The living room I love the size. The walls are black walnut and I don’t know if I should plan to change those. Don’t love them but don’t hate them and it is black walnut could remove and get a lot for them I would assume. The ceiling I love the beams but hate the light ceiling wood. Any and all suggestions are welcome. We have some money to invest in fixing up and for new furniture and decorations. There is a lot of house here so I will post the very retro and other rooms in additional posts

Comments (24)