SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bludvl82

over budget landscaping

bludvl82
3 years ago

We have a challenging yard so we hired a landscape architect asking "what can we do with $xxxx?" We were not sure if a pool was feasible- I asked for a spool or very small pool. Or hot tub. He gave us an estimate for his services. The first plans had a huge pool. The plans were very good and detailed, which I appreciated, but the pool was too big. I questioned the cost of so many large boulders in the design. He said they didn't cost that much. He also designed features we did not ask for. So he redesigned the pool and we agreed on a plan to hand to a landscaper. The landscaping cost came in at almost twice our budget. The boulders were a third of the budget. So now the architect is taking things out and making things smaller. (I wanted a smaller patio) Well, we got the bill for the second redesign which was double the total estimate for his time. I asked him why are we paying for redesign when he did not work within our parameters? No answer yet but what is my obligation here? Of course he hasn't sent the redesign. But he didn't respect our constant reminder of a target budget so why do I hear the cost of eliminating the extras?

Comments (4)