SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_272343471

Help: Is my pachyveria glauca dying?

Jen
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I've come to this site for advice about succulents and found it extremely helpful, so I decided to make an account to get some advice about my pachyveria glauca (or little jewel) to hopefully save it.

The main problem is that its health appears to be declining rapidly, as you can see below:

It arrived (via package with a heating pad) about 3 weeks ago with one of its leaves damaged (as you can see below):

After a week and a half, I repotted it in a terracotta pot with Bonsai Jack's Gritty Mix and a bit of all purpose soil (along with some of the soil it came with, to avoid shocking it too much). The roots looked fine at the time, though a small offshoot that was growing beside it separated (I decided to repot that alone since it had a lot of roots but it has since died, seemingly from the same thing harming the parent plant).

As for watering, I've watered it around 2 times since I've had it and always allowed the water to drain through the bottom of the pot. It is located in my kitchen, with ample indirect sun and a ceiling fan on during the day to keep a healthy airflow.

Since the leaves don't appear to be mushy, I don't think it's been over-watered (please feel free to tell me otherwise though). If anything, it kind of looked like the leaf had been burned when it arrived and since then, several leaves have fallen off and two (including the injured leaf) have turned dark and started shriveling. Meanwhile, the bottom leaves look a bit translucent and some of the leaves have dark spots. I'm worried that this might be a sign that it's under-watered, but I wanted to get more advice before I do this, since I know it's better for succulents to be under-watered than over-watered and I'm very new to succulents.

Thank you!

Comments (19)