SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rochelledelapaz

new home build help

Rochelle
3 years ago

We are currently in the process of building a house the lot is 1.2 acres and its 200x300 ft. I am located in canada

We want a 2 storey home at 2800 sqft with a 3 car garage
We have future plans of getting a pool

The problem i am having is the lot it is a north/east facing back yard we really wanted a south facing backyard, but it really is hard to find a lot this size in the area we want to live, so we went with it. It is a big lot so we figured we wont have an issue with sun.

Now that we are in the design process I don’t know what to do...

I need help figuring out what side to put the garage. We want the house to be bright and full of windows. Now as for the yard i understand that with a 2 storey we will have a lot of shadow. I am worried that our backyard wont be good for a pool.

I don’t know what I am up against with all this i have never built a new home let alone had property this big before. Everything is happening so fast and i really don’t want to make a mistake with the orientation of the house. As of right now I feel i should flip the house. (Mirror everything to the other side)

If someone can please provide me with insight and some suggestions on what to do i would REALLY appreciate that.

Comments (8)