SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adarland2003

amaryllis tips? offsets?

Andrew Darland
3 years ago

walking around in November I decided to pick up a pretty good size bulb at a local menards I picked one that felt firm and just starting to produce a bud because I didn't want one growing in the box already and to be deformed. I took it home it flowered great with 5 flowers on the stalk I cut them off as they withered and then soon giant green leaves started coming up. the main bulb has 3 green leaves about 2 feet in height and then a few months ago I noticed another green leaf shooting out of the soil next to the mother bulb. its about 1 foot in height now. so I gently dug it up to check and it was a pretty good size offset so I left it attached then I noticed another offset forming. I would enjoy reading stories or tips about how to care for an amaryllis in the spring and summer and when to remove the offsets if I plan on giving them to a family member for the years to come. (its only my second attempt at trying to grow amaryllis through the summer instead of throwing them out.( thanks

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor
More Discussions