SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mhellerq

Idea for scribe trim (not fill) pieces on Ikea Bodbyn white cabinets

mh smith
3 years ago

I have a big ugly gap (1/4 - 3/8") between all my cabinets and the walls. I posted about this yesterday but situation now is that I either have to pay $$ to get new side panels cut to fit wall, or put some kind of trim - they called it scribe trim - to cover tha caulk/gap. My cabinets are Bodbyn white. Problems with trim idea that I'm wondering if people have ideas about.....

1) Ikea doesn't seem to make any trim suitable for this. We'd have to either get trim and paint too match (seems tricky to match color and especially smooth finish) or see if installer can take a panel and cut a really long, thin (1/4" thin, 40" long) piece to be the trim piece and attach without weird gapping.

2) My side panels don't have horizontal trim at bottom so I'd have a panel with trim going down the back but both just tapering off at the bottom. I don't think I can install deco trim pieces around the bottom for a finished look without a major project because I already had them cut panels to install on cabinet bottoms.

I just wanted to say....whenever I post questions (which is alot lately), I get alot of helpful responses and I really appreciate it. Thank you.

Comments (12)