SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stressba11

What to do with dining room window? Double hung? Bay? Box bay?

stressba11
3 years ago

I need to replace my dining room window that faces south east. In the winter months, we put many of our plants in there (they are usually on our covered porch in the summer months). I am trying to decide if I should replace this window with double hung windows, a bay window or a box bay window. I have had the bay window priced out at around $8000 for a marvin fibeglass bay with new hip roof. While this seems expensive, I cannot think of another option to extend the space in this small dining room other than a box bay. Is a box bay considered trendy? (I'd prefer to do work that will withstand the test of time) Would a box bay work in this space? Would it cost around the same as a bay window install? We only have about 41" on either side of the current 70"wide window, but would it make sense to reframe and make a box bay that would be a little larger? I have included a picture of the outside of the side of the house where the window is located. The dining room window is the window on the left. The window on the right is a window in our kitchen.

What To Do With Dining Room Window · More Info

Comments (4)