SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amsx2006

awkward features - need help finding right decor

amsx2006
3 years ago

Hi all - we moved into our current home about 5 years ago and did some major renovating since it was basically gutted out before we bought it. We were limited on funds so there were certain things about the home that we never changed (like the stairs) that I just accepted as is. In addition, even though the house is 3000 sq feet, I feel like a lot of it is not used in a productive way. Two sections of the house bother me. First, this raised area below our open stairs and two, the open space in front of our sliding doors to the backyard between the living room and dining room. We currently use as a play area but it is literally right in front of you when you walk in (so we plan to stop letting the kids put their junk there), and trying to decide whether we just leave it empty, or if we should put some type of table in the middle. Only issue is our view to the backyard include a beautiful lake view that we do not want to block. Any suggestions you have are greatly appreciated for the stairs, the area below the stairs, and the open space.

Comments (16)