SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eb6363

How to style a Zoom background with a black leather armchair?

Emily B
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi, I am currently decorating my partner's office from scratch in a new house we are moving into. Space wise, the only way for him to have a reading nook (which he really wants in there) is for that nook to double as his Zoom background for work calls. He often does media appearances and needs a super professional Zoom background, so I'm trying to figure out how to stage it a way that will look good on camera.

My personal inclination has always been to try to do as much white/lighter colors in staging Zoom backgrounds in our previous houses, but the chair that he has his heart set on for his reading nook is this black leather chair from West Elm (pictured below): https://www.westelm.com/products/paulo-bent-ply-leather-chair-h2609

Any ideas of what this could be paired with so that it appears really nice as a Zoom background, while also being a functional reading nook? I'm thinking a side table and a low bookcase with plants. Perhaps a sheepskin throw over the chair to lighten it up visually. Other colors in the room are navy/white/gray with lots of walnut wood.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH