SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kfoster27

front foyer opinion

kfoster27
3 years ago

In the design stages of building, the front foyer is fairly private and not open to any rooms, which is good and I didn’t want a “grand” entry, however the back end of the stairs to the upper level will be against the foyer wall when you walk in, I have the option to obviously keep the stairway completely private and keep it as a wall, or I can open the floor above so that there would be the railing exposed to the front foyer. I don’t need the extra room on the second floor per se, so that’s not an issue.
I’ll attach a photo, the section that says “open to above” would be the “hole” to the second floor, 9’ ceilings on the main floor and immediately over head of the entrance would be covered. It would kind of be an open alcove a couple steps into the entryway.
Pros: when you come down the stairs you can see the front door and who is there (probably can’t see the door per se, but youd see the entry way), could also “look” kind of cool.
Cons: when you come down the stairs you can see the front door (laughing to myself. But privacy issues, I guess, and the master bedroom door is very close to the top of the stairs), and then of course the two-floor opening of heating issues.

Comments (12)