SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
schoolhouse_gwagain

When you gotta come up with a solution

The embankment off the back porch that I have to walk down to take the cats to the cellar, fill the bird feeders, haul ice melt, etc., has been SO snow covered and icy for weeks. I knew I was tempting fate by inching my way down, then grabbing hold of the T-post holding the end of the picket fence up for support, and loaded down with stuff.

Anyway, this afternoon I racked my brain trying to come up with a solution to safely carry it all in one trip. Decided to drive to the hardware store for a kid's saucer sled. Then I could pull the load. They didn't have any sleds left, but when I mentioned I was thinking of using the lid of a garbage can, the clerk took me back and brought out an extra plastic garbage can lid they had in storage - for free! Then she cut me off a length of cord, drilled a hole in the lid for me, and attached the cord. Voila! and it only cost me $.48 for the cord.

Just tried it out. Worked like a charm! Thanks to the clerk at the hardware store. Why didn't I think of this sooner? lol

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor