SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jestermom

Thoughts on Bi-Level Island

3 years ago

Can I get your honest thoughts on this island? This was one of my inspiration island pics I showed my builder (my counters will look similar to this, but the island cabinetry will be blue, with white perimeter cabinets).

Background: Our island will be 9' x 5'.

The sink has to go in the island. I wish it didn't but it does.

I'm OCD and hate the look of clutter, but especially dishes left on the counters. I don't want that seen from our adjoining family room.

I almost didn't go with a bi-level island at all, because I think most people now prefer the large large flat island surface. I do too, and actually have that arrangement now. I love the look of it when it's clean and clear, but have discovered I don't like it in practicality. It is a magnet for collecting stuff that doesn't belong there. So anyway, I thought this might be a middle-of-the-road solution! Our current drawings show 30" on both the high and low areas.

Do you think this will look weird and/or hurt resale? We do not plan to live in the house forever -- maybe 7-10 years. I am wondering if I should play it safe and go with the entirely flat surface.

Comments (21)