SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bonniebrownhair

Where would you put a chandelier/pendant lights in this kitchen?

bonniebrownhair
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We are starting a full kitchen remodel very soon. I'm planning on a classic/timeless-looking kitchen with some vintage touches -- maybe sort of an English cottage vibe. I want it to feel simple, old-fashioned, and maybe a little rustic. As one of those vintage touches, I'd like to use some pretty hanging lights.

The one problem is I have no idea where to hang the pretty lights. We have a galley-style kitchen with an attached eating area, and the eating area opens up to our homeschool room (which has recessed lighting). I'm planning to get rid of the rectangular fluorescent light in the kitchen (see photos below), and maybe add recessed lighting instead. I'd also like to replace the light above the table with a simple chandelier. A friend suggested hanging a pendant light above the sink, but would that look weird with the layout of our kitchen? What if we hung two pendant lights down the center of the galley kitchen? Or maybe that's a terrible idea, as I have 8' ceilings and a 6' husband.

Second question: any suggestions on what kinds of lights might match that vintage/cottage style?

I've included some photos so you can see the layout of the space. (Please forgive the mess!) These are obviously pre-remodel, but we are keeping the layout mostly the same in terms of cabinets/appliances/etc. I tried to get photos that would show the shape of the rooms and the current ceiling/lights.

Comments (5)