SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gsciencechick

Interesting Color: Sherwin-Williams Tarnished Trumpet SW 9026

gsciencechick
3 years ago

Just got this in my email as Feb 2021 feature color, Sherwin-Williams Tarnished Trumpet #9026. For those of you looking for interesting paint colors. I kind of like it, along with the coordinating colors.

Comments (36)

• mtnrdredux_gw
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I saw it and thought (whispering...) : Tuscan.

gsciencechick thanked mtnrdredux_gw
  • Sueb20
    3 years ago

Crud. That’s similar to the color I just painted my dining room.

• bbstx
    3 years ago

My father played the trumpet in high school. I used to love to get his trumpet out and look at it. I was looking forward to a paint color that looked like Daddy’s old trumpet. Uh....this isn’t even close. Bummer!

• Arapaho-Rd
    3 years ago

Read warm colors are back and I'm digging it....

• Allison0704
    3 years ago

I like the coordinating colors.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    3 years ago

Agree w Allison

• SEA SEA
    3 years ago

That's the color of the trim in my living room with a soft yellow wall color. I've loved it since 2000. Now I'm in style too. Before I was just ' certainly not afraid of color' ;^)

• Jilly
    3 years ago

Love it. It’s almost the exact color of the guest room in my last house, which was always commented favorably on. That room got the most wonderful morning sun, which with this color, made it very cozy. Guests loved it.

No matter the trends, I’m just not a cool-toned person.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    3 years ago

Brass came back first, and so now we have opened the door to warm colors. Every millennial that grew up w polished nickel and white will think brass and cream is so cool! We wise old sages can just bide our time.

• Sueb20
    3 years ago

I am soo stylin‘ — DR walls are the trumpet color, and the two sofas in the living room (open to DR) are very similar to Rosemary and Blustery Sky.

• suedonim75
    3 years ago

It’s like 2001 all over again. My dining room in our first house was that yellow. And my couch was the Rosemary color and my walls were very close to Alabaster. The couch pillows had all those colors plus a reddish color.

• Tina Marie
    3 years ago

It gets a big YUK from me. LOL! Sue, from my screen your dining room walls look much different, softer, from this color. I do like some of the accent colors, the dark green, not so much. Blustery Sky is more in tune with my colors.

• blfenton
    3 years ago

I've already done brass and cream years ago. Still like cream but don't like brass, tarnished or not.

• Lukki Irish
    3 years ago

Interesting, on the cards it looks like the color I have on a couple of my living room walls, (it was too strong for all four) but the pic of it on the wall is darker than my walls.

• SEA SEA
    3 years ago

Seems Sue's is softer than the sample shown according to Tina, and mine is a touch more intense. Mine is a close match to Black Eyed Susan yellow for the trim. I never thought I would like it, but I had painted the trim a soft white first. Did the ceiling molding, window, doors and door trim in the white and hated it for a year. I felt like we lived in an old fashioned ice cream parlor. I put the mustard/school pencil/school bus yellow up and I was pleasantly surprised with how much I liked it. I still say wow sometimes and say to myself, who would have thunk it? Funny how things work out sometimes. You probably need the right room and furnishing to pull it off.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    3 years ago

The palette feels a little Craftsman to me.

• Springroz
    3 years ago

Why can’t we call that “Antique Brass Instrument”? Tarnished Trumpet???? It does feel Craftsman.

• jill302
    3 years ago

Hmm, interesting color. I am not a gold paint lover so not something I would chose. However, if it was metallic like a trumpet I might have liked it. Tarnished Trumpet reminds me of the finish on a refrigerator I saw last week. It was really nice although, it would not work in my kitchen.

• Rory (Zone 6b)
    3 years ago

I am pretty sure that is the same color (with a different name) that was on the SW "Blond" color strip. My last house had all the colors on that strip. I did get lots of compliments on the colors in that house. I think it was the early 2000 that I started to paint using the "Blonde" strip.

• Sueb20
    3 years ago

Haha, I had SW Blond in the living room of my last house probably about 2002-2015.

• User
    3 years ago

The public spaces of my entire house were in SW Blond. I agree this is the same color, or darn close to it.

I have always loved warm colors and will be glad to see grey lose some popularity. However I don't see me repainting my house the exact same color from 15 years ago.

• RNmomof2 zone 5
    3 years ago

Another Blonde, Restrained Gold, Mannered Gold person here. I wondered how they compared to Tarnished Trumpet.

• 3katz4me
    3 years ago

Not my cup o’ tea - just don’t care for gold-ish colors. It looks about the color our walls were when we moved in. They are now a nice warm beige - SW Antler Velvet.

• Fun2BHere
    3 years ago

Excluding the rosemary, that palette plus chocolate and black is very close to what I used in my library/den which I decorated in 2004.

• User
    3 years ago

I also thought Tuscan the moment I saw the color. Nothing wrong with it, just BTDT. I had lots of strong color in our last house and am enjoying the paler walls here. When we bought this house every room was painted that Tuscan gold; we used three coats of paint in most rooms and even four coats in some rooms. It‘s a hard color to cover.

• User
    3 years ago

I quite like it.

• Joaniepoanie
    3 years ago

I painted a north-facing, dark bedroom in our last house a similar color—-a little brighter—-and I loved it. It was always so cheery.

• cawaps
    3 years ago

It's more assertive than I like my yellows. I could get into some olive greens, though.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    3 years ago

Funny the chip doesn't look so bad, but the pics of the rooms looks very orange instead of gold.

• User
    3 years ago

If I may state the obvious, the color looks NOTHING like a tarnished trumpet. The name is equal parts absurd and annoying.

• lascatx
    3 years ago

It wasn't what I was expecting based on the name, but my sons play trombone and sax and we have a tarnished bugle in the game room as well as a few older horns. It's not a wall color I would chose.

• lyfia
    3 years ago

It reminds me of Laura Ashley Gold which was very popular maybe in the late 90's or early 2000's.

ETA: I think it was #4 or #3 that was the most popular ones, but don't fully remember.

• Bluebell66
    3 years ago

I joined GardenWeb in about 2000 and Blonde was all over the place! That and Baby Turtle. I always thought they both looked nice when shown here.

• nini804
    3 years ago

The whole fan of the colors posted above by Mtn looks like the colorways for those ubiquitous ‘French Country” fabrics from early 2000’s. I’m never a fan of yellow, in any variation, for either my interiors or my fashion choices, so I am probably not a candidate for Tarnished Trumpet. 😊

• Yayagal
    3 years ago

AKA butterscotch pudding. lol

• User
    3 years ago

I never understood the baby turtle color. To me it looked like the poop of an infant with a mild gastrointestinal bug. Ok in a room with the right furnishings, rugs, etc but most often not.

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH