SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plan2remodel

Ann Sacks declined to provide DCOF rating of their porcelain tiles

plan2remodel
3 years ago

I remodeled two bathrooms with Ann Sacks porcelain tiles and I am planning to remodel the third bathroom this year with similar materials. I like the tiles and had excellent customer support when ordering them.

Their website says that the DCOF rating is available on request -- I requested the information, and they have declined to provide it.

I told them that I was disappointed that the Texere porcelain tiles I chose previously for the bathroom floors are very slippery when wet, so I want to make a different choice this time. (The mosaic 1x1 inch Texere tiles on the shower floors is fine.)

Instead of providing me with the test data of Texere and alternative porcelain tiles that I am considering, they told me that if I found Texere to be slippery, then DCOF wet > 0.42 would likely not be a good measure. Instead, they suggested that I chose a mosaic stone tile for the bathroom floor.

Is it reasonable for them to refuse to provide the test data? Are they correct that the DCOF rating is meaningless? The existing bathroom floor to be remodeled is a very worn-out linoleum. Should I consider luxury vinyl instead of tile? Or maybe go back to DalTile or another manufacturer who is willing to provide their DCOF rating?

Comments (2)