SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
french_jenn

Furniture placement for strange layout

J. F.G.
3 years ago

Hi all

We moved into our home about 4 years ago and are having trouble with furniture layout in this room. Right now things are living where they had to be moved for the Xmas Tree which is now gone. Prior to Christmas, we had the two brown chairs and little tea table in front of and facing the fireplace. The red chair in the corner was in the basement and there was another chair in the corner of the TV room (where the other brown chair is now) that was brought elsewhere because it was not comfortable at all.

We are living with the space empty-ish right now to see if anything hits us in terms of future layout and furniture purchases. We have noticed that we enjoy having three sitting pieces (couch and two chairs) facing the TV (we are a family of three and our son hogs the whole couch!), would enjoy having seating for 4 in the main room (for whenever its safe to have guests in the home again!). Other than that, I was thinking a swivel chair may be nice to use bc you could have that where the chair with the red/black checked blanket is. I'm finding that the red chair in the corner (although asthetically i don't love it--it was a hand me down), is cozy to sit and read there esp when there is a fire in the fireplace.

Any other ideas? We have minimal wall space and so many openings to various rooms so also don't want to block the flow.

Comments (12)