SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
john_donodeo

Scratched glass mosaic tiles on shower wall - please help!

John
3 years ago

I just had my master bath redone, and overall, it came out great, and I'm just waiting on the sliding glass door (brushed nickel hardware) to be installed. However, some of the glass mosaic tiles have some fine scratches on them. You notice them only when you're really up close and the light is right, and mostly on the dark blue ones (since the lighter blue ones would sorta "hide" the scratches). I was recommended at Floor and Decor by several people to use Mapei Flexcolor 3D Grout (in Silver Moon, with an iridescent shine), which is what I used. I believe this is sanded grout, and since I'm new to home ownership/reno, I didn't know you weren't supposed to use sanded grout for glass tiles because of scratches (although the website for this product says you can use it on glass tiles). I'd estimate around 10% of the tiles are visibly scratched. It's now awful, and I try to tell myself that nothing is perfect, but I'm wondering what my best course of action would be remedy this. Can the scratches somehow be buffed out or do I have to have someone replace the ones that are obviously scratched? I can live with a few that have minor scratches on them, just want to replace the more obnoxious ones (or buff them).

Any advice is welcome. Thanks!

Comments (23)

Sponsored