SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
metical

Layout ideas for main living/dining/kitchen floor

metical
3 years ago

Hi all! Just signed a contract for a new townhouse a week ago. Home won't be ready for at least another 6 months but I'm trying to get some thoughts on how I should lay out the main furniture items (dining table, couch) and TV in this fairly open floor plan. We have our old couch with us (81"x36") and a decent sized dining table (63" by 36") but we're not too attached to them so would be open to larger sectionals and/or a larger dining table to accommodate a family of 4 (+occasional guests). Also considering mounting TV to wall so finalizing the position would help me figure out where to pre-wire the outlets.

Here is the bare floor plan with some sizing info on it.

The image below is where I think I'd ideally place the couch and dining table (assuming I get new furniture). The dining table would be larger than what we currently have and would be located horizontally and somewhat central. The TV stays on the wall on the left.

In the image below, I've placed the TV on the bottom wall towards the left. My wife mentioned that this might be better to avoid any glare that might come in through the big balcony doors on the right side. The dining table (assuming we use our current table) is stuffed vertically in the center right. My wife's thought was that this would leave the central space clear and function as a 'walkway' but it seems like a bit inefficient usage of the space.

Anyways, hope that provides some detail on our current thoughts and plan. Feel free to suggest any other furniture items that would work well in this layout as well. Appreciate all the help and thoughts! Thanks!

Comments (3)