SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
baileyrules

Second guessing Kitchen LVP flooring

baileyrules
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Condo kitchen reno in progress. We've taken out a wall, added a peninsula, raised the ceiling to include pot lights etc... My hubby shook the building removing the thinset, and ground down any humps in the concrete as I desperately searched for neutral tile, then lock down# 2 happened, and in frustration, we ended up laying the rest of our lvp flooring in the kitchen. Now we're second guessing ourselves, mistake? It seems kinda weird to cook on/fry on/clean... since we're used to tile, there is a spongy spot near the kitchen entrance (I guess we didn't grind down perfectly enough or use leveler) and before we install/level the remainder of the cabinets and affix peninsula and d/w to the concrete floor in permanent fashion, we want to be absolutely sure. Should we remove lvp floor and do over with tile (my first choice) or keep the lvp floors since it's more trendy and has better flow. Did I mention we might sell in next few months. Not exactly easy to redo floors after kitchen is done.

More Dilemma's to come I fear! Anyone care to weigh in? Advice so very needed and appreciated.

Comments (20)