SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_912435512

Different window treatments same room?

Carr Leigh
3 years ago

Hi everyone! Needing some help with window treatments, please. I have white shutters on my front door and upstairs bedrooms (the one that faces the street). In my living room, there is a big window (south-facing) beside the front door, and two smaller (still big) windows on the opposing wall (north-facing). My dining area and kitchen join with the living room and are in the same sight-line (north-facing) and there is a large window, a window above the sink, and a garden door window. I intend to get shutters on the big window in the living room (beside the front door) for curb appeal.

However, I really want banded shades on all the other windows. I think they would let more light in and I can lift them entirely to watch the kids in the backyard, and with our smaller spaces, shutters would lean into the furniture. I will not keep the curtains. I was thinking of Hunter Douglas Banded shades in an off-white straight band or a light grey material straight band (polyester material, not vinyl look).

Please excuse the mess in the photos! I appreciate anybody's advice. It is really between shutters and banded shades at this point, and I am unsure if I can mix them.

Comments (5)