SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
originalpinkmountain

Getting rid of old, rare-ish books

l pinkmountain
3 years ago

I have some old hardback books from my Mother, none of them are super rare or super valuable, but I looked on ABE books and some of them might be worth as much as 5-25 bucks. I don't want to even sell them, I just want them out of the house. I would be happy to pay to send them to someone who would sell them. I've checked all the local sources, library booksale not happening, up in the air, Goodwill out, Salvation Army out. ABE and Amazon offer selling opportunities but it costs you and is a lot of work and doesn't seem like a good idea given the high labor vs small payout and number of books I have. I need something as easy as ThredUP but for books. I have checked with the veterans book donation sites, African book donation sites and prison ones. These are not appropriate for that, they are history, literature and moral and religious philosophy books. Things like an original edition of Anne Morrow Lindberg's "A Gift From the Sea" etc. I just want them out of the house to a good home asap. Any suggestions you have used?

Comments (22)