SaveComment11Like7
Comments (11)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
stacey_mb

So true!

Save     Thanked by Rusty
nickel_kg

Well, largely true -- some amount of 'worry' can lead you to prepare for multiple outcomes, and how to best prepare for the outcome you want, or avoid the outcome you fear. But yes, it's very important to keep worry productive, not let it get out of control.

jim_1 (Zone 9A)

If you see that some aspect of your society is bad, and you want to improve
it, there is only one way to do so: you have to improve people. And in order to
improve people, you begin with only one thing: you can become better yourself.

Leo Tolstoy in A Calendar of Wisdom

2 Likes Save     Thanked by Rusty
Annie Deighnaugh

I saw a similar one....worry is like rocking in a rocking chair...you burn a lot of energy but it gets you no where.

4 Likes Save     Thanked by Rusty
socks

Often we worry about things which never happen. So in a way, it's a pay-off. So we worry more because obviously it works!

Annegriet

Rusty--I am a worrier. Big time. I love this. Thank you so much. I try to remember this but I think the visual is helpful. I'm going to print this and put it in a few places.

1 Like Save     Thanked by Rusty
chisue

Worry isn't the same as being aware of a concern, then doing what you can about it. Worry is 'fretting'. It's useless and a distraction from living your life.

4 Likes Save     Thanked by Rusty
Embothrium

Now I'm going to worry that I am worrying too much.

blfenton

We were talking about worrying today on our run. The hardest time to stop worrying is when you're trying to fall asleep.

1 Like Save     Thanked by Rusty
wildchild2x2

We discussing worries the other day on my ride. Conclusion, if you can't fix it, the universe will handle it. Pretty spot on in my experience.

joyfulguy

Sorry - off topic.

CBC radio has nationwide phone-in Sun Jan. 15 aft 4 - 6 dealing with covid and how to deal with non-compliance.

On Twitter @checkupcbc

Www.cbc.ca/check up. Emails accepted.

ole joyful

Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Room of the Day Room of the Day: A Laundry So Cheery, Wash Day Is Wonderful
Pretty paint and playful touches banish chore-day blahs in a laundry room designed for a magazine’s Idea House
Full Story
Bathroom Makeovers Room of the Day: See the Bathroom That Helped a House Sell in a Day
Sophisticated but sensitive bathroom upgrades help a century-old house move fast on the market
Full Story
Room of the Day Room of the Day: Patience Pays Off in a Midcentury Living-Dining Room
Prioritizing lighting and a bookcase, and then taking time to select furnishings, yields a thoughtfully put-together space
Full Story