SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_802290234

Beach House "Cedar Shingle look alike" in Vinly

Paul Fraser
3 years ago

Hi,

I'm thinking of building a 1300sf story and a half beach home on the oceanside. I'm trying to decide on a ton of things but right now I'm concentrating on siding.

I've ruled out wood cedar shingles as they lose their nice colour look over time, turning grey and black in some cases.

I have found 2 products that look interesting and I'm requesting price quotes that i'm certain will not fit my budget.

The 2 products I love are Certain Teed Cedar Impressions (polymer)either the individual 5' shingles or S7" straight edge perfection shingle -both in Natural or Cedar blend colour. I haven't found a Canadian price yet but i'm thinking the cost before labour is roughly $8-9 USD per sq ft. That's way over my budget.

The other product is the Tando Beach House Shake (Vinly)(591753) in either Pacifica or Sandcastle colour. Not sure of cost Canadian cost yet.

My question to others is have you found a vinyl siding panel that looks like cedar shingles that's more like $3-6 per sq ft. Perhaps i'm dreaming re this costing- but i figured that's why I'm on this site :)

Comments (10)