SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carolyn_87

Home Office / Guest Room

Carolyn87
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I have a extra bedroom in my apartment that I moved into the beginning of October that I think lends itself to being both a office and a guest room, but I'm not 100% certain how I want to arrange it.

For reference I work from home, love to do crafts (luckily I have space to work on crafts in the dining room with a decent size table), need space to organize a lot of stuff both for crafts and my online business, holiday storage, and friends from out of state as well as people I work with that (once it's safe) that at least visit but may stay over from time to time.

I have considered having a couple chairs or a normal sofa instead of a bed/sofa-bed and I have mixed feelings on that because I like the flexibility to have people stay over. I also have not decided yet on a color scheme because I don't know if I want to custom paint anything or not yet or if I want to paint the room.

All have a different price point and different levels of ease for finding combinations that fit size wise (such as designing a system around the window).

The room is 11'3" x 13' with a 6' closet on the 11'3" side and a 70" window on the other 11'3" side, the entry door opens onto the right 13' wall.

I'm looking at a few options for how to arrange things and what products to use.

Option 1:

Use Elfa on the window wall to create shelving that can be adjustable as needs change

Desk on the right 13' wall

Bed (queen, twin, daybed or sofa-bed) on the left 13' wall

Option 2:

Use the BESTA system from IKEA on the window wall to create shelving that can be adjustable as needs change

Bed (queen, twin, daybed or sofa-bed) on the left 13' wall

Option 3:

Use the Elfa system on the left 13' wall

Bed (queen, twin, daybed or sofa-bed) under the window

Option 4:

Use the BESTA system from IKEA or Hemnes bookcases on a 13' wall

Desk on the other 13' wall

Bed (queen, twin, daybed or sofa-bed) under the window

Option 5:

Bed (queen or twin) on the left 13' wall with desk next to it