SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Favorite UF, Spider and Large Narrow Daylilies 2020

shive
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Post your favorite narrow cultivars from last season here. They can be spiders, unusual forms, or just large narrow flowers. This is one of my favorite categories, so I'm looking forward to seeing all these photos! The next category will be doubles.

Blazing Saddles is my favorite UF. It had sort of a mediocre run last season because it's getting to shaded out by irises and seedlings. I'm moving the seedlings this Spring, so it gets more sun.

Clump shot

This seedling out of Blazing Saddles is a great multiplier, but only has 12-13 buds, so I don't know that I'll register it. However, it makes a big splash where it's planted.

Another Blazing Saddles kid that has scapes ranging from 11-34 buds. It's a pretty good multiplier, so it probably will get introduced in a few years.

Rainbow Maker was a tremendous performer and rebloomer this year.

Mystic Maize was the best budded of all my registered cultivars this year. I like it alot!

Neon Flamingo put on a good show. It's never as well-budded or as tall as I would like, but you can't beat that pink color.

Violet Sabrewing had its best year ever, and was one of my most used pollen parents.

Reckless Girls had a of buds, but it was still a few inches shorter than registered.

Feathered Fingers bloomed for a long time.

Debra

Comments (33)