SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
khaubs

Don't know where to start with the basement.

K H
3 years ago

When we built our house they couldn't move enough dirt to get our walkout the way we wanted it. So I had to redesign the whole basement in three days. I also found that they poured our basement walls wrong so we ended up with our support beam farther out which turned out to be a happy accident because there was more head room for the stairs. I need help with how to make a space that has storage for craft supplies, theater room, playroom and possibly a wet bar. It would be nice to have a guest bed someday but for now we can always use the sleeper sofa. I already wired the room for speakers and I can't move plumbing and I would like to hide the support posts. The difficult thing is the only natural light we get is from the windows on the north so how do I put the light were I want it and still have separate spaces or walls?

I like this for playroom/craft...

Or maybe build something like this between the beams to close off the tv room?

Or maybe leave them open and wrap them with a countertop between?

Looks so inviting!

Here is what it looks like now:

From the bottom stair looking straight ahead.

From the bottom stair looking right:

In our original plan the walkout door would have been where the table is. (Excuse our mess still moving stuff around and finishing it!)

From the corner by the utility room looking back toward the stairs.

I just have no idea how to get the most of this space! BTW the fridge has a GFCI outlet and I hate how it buzzes when the compressor comes on while you are watching tv! Maybe we should move it altogether?

Comments (14)