SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kharten

Backsplash - Quartz or tile?

kharten
3 years ago

Hi Houzzers, I would love your opinion. I'm remodeling my kitchen and it's time to buy slabs. Here's a photo of what it currently looks like so you can see the layout - cabinets will be white shaker when complete. There's a 9 x 4 island in the center and one wall of countertops. The island / counters will be covered in a white / grey quartz, probably something mellow like the attached photo (Jasmine White from DalTile). The floor will be a light/medium engineered wood, probably close to the attached.

What I'd love your opinion on is the backsplash. I'm going to need to buy 2 slabs, and will have enough left over to cover the backsplash in quartz. But is that too much quartz? Is it better to do a subway tile backsplash to break up the look? I would love to know what you think.

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    3 years ago

Quartz is not a good idea behind a cooking appliance and I do not like a different tile behind a stove so I guess I would do tile . Why is the floor not already in ? IMO the floor goes in first then the cabinets a much cleaner look for the install.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

how thick is the slab? that's another issue with using it as backsplash.

you don't have much wall space. just pick a nice tile for the splash. ( if you want it neutral, look at Cloe Tile in Cream or the White, depending on how bright white your slab is)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!