SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charlie_baum2

Help finding a double vanity for the corner

Charlie Baum
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi folks!

Bathroom remodel will begin in a couple weeks. I'm down to my last purchases, one of which is the vanity. We currently have a 72" double vanity that sits in the corner of the bathroom. Based on air vent and toilet placement, we can't really move it.

I am struggling to find vanities that are meant to go in the corner. 99% of them have countertops that overhang the cabinet, which looks great but I think would be an eyesore in my application. I have mostly checked Wayfair, HD, and Lowes as they have the biggest selections of vanities. I'm just not sure how to narrow my search for what I need. Any suggestions on finding what I am looking for? Is it correct to say that it seems most vanities are designed to sit in the middle of a wall and my scenario is an outlier? Thanks for any help!!

**Quick edit: I'd like to buy the vanity with top combo because it's easier and during this pandemic I really don't want to have people in the house templating and installing a custom top.

Comments (3)

• emilyam819
    3 years ago

Your scenario is not an outlier. It’s just meant for cabinets + counter. You won’t find an off the shelf cabinet with counter combo. You can get a 60”, or two 30” and space them apart, or get cabinets and a counter that you can cut to fit yourself.

• smalloldhouse_gw
    3 years ago

I've been looking for off-the-shelf vanities and the overhang seems to vary. Many are an inch wider than the vanity so you're only talking 1/2 inch on each side. The only online option I've seen that lets you customize the overhang is Room & Board - you can specify no overhang, or an overhang on both or one side.