SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jaykaym

small kitchen trade-offs - stove vs sink sizes

Jaykaym
3 years ago

I'm working on a layout for a small kitchen in an older condo. The layout is a small L shape (8X11) open to the dining area. I've downsized the refrigerator and dishwasher, selecting a 32 inch Fisher and Paykel refrigerator and an 18-inch dishwasher. I'm now debating what is more important to me - a full-size 30-inch range or a 36-inch sink cabinet. I began with the idea of a 30-inch sink cabinet but quickly realized that double sinks won't fit in that space. I've always had double sinks - one side for dirty work, one side to air dry pot/pans and things that I don't put in the dishwasher. With an 18 inch dishwasher that will include bigger trays, casserole dishes etc. so I've begun to think that I need a 36-inch sink cabinet. I could take that space from the range, downsizing to a 24-inch gas range. What say all of you who are working in smaller kitchens? Would you make the trade? This kitchen is being used by two older people who will not be doing major entertaining but will fix dinners for family/friends.

Comments (18)