SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_smith6227819

Had to explain a magnetic stud finder to two men

Kathsgrdn
3 years ago

Went to Lowes a little bit ago. I bought a magnetic stud finder a while ago to hang pictures up. Getting ready to install a closet system and couldn't find the stud finder. I've looked everywhere. So this afternoon went to Lowes, where I thought I bought the first one. I didn't want a battery powered one, just simple magnetic one that finds the nails.

They had none. I asked a worker and he had no idea what I was talking about. He asked his coworker and then he asked me how they worked. They were not young guys either.

I'm thinking now I must've bought the first one at a local hardware store because after I picked one of the cheapest battery powered ones I went looking up and down all the isles for the magnetic one and there were none. I stood there for several minutes trying to read what type of battery this thing used but couldn't read the extremely fine print on the stupid package. I hope it comes with them or I have the battery it uses at my house.

I also bought a new hammer (one I have is held together with duct tape) screwdriver set (all but one of mine is MIA), level, mallet (for use in the Spring/Summer to hammer in stakes for plants-last time I used my hammer this year I smashed my hand really good), wood putty to fix scratched door frames and small putty knife since I can't seem to find mine, and tiny sample of paint to match my livingroom for touch ups.

I have also just washed up an old fishing tackle box I am going to repurpose as a toolbox and try and keep everything together. ( :

By-the-way, everyone I saw were wearing masks in Lowes, although, some of them below their noses. Afterwards I went to a Chinese buffet that is now take out only. Parked, ordered my food and sat in my car until a few minutes after the time they told me it would be ready just so I wouldn't have to stand inside waiting with other people. Well, 3 young people were already in there, all with no masks. I had to stand there while they ordered their food. I guess I could have walked outside and waited but I didn't, cold and rainy.

Comments (24)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm