SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
popmama

Finally showing signs of growth - Raven ZZ

I bought this tiny ZZ Raven at a benefit auction of exotic/rare plants back in April 2019. This was long before they became mass produced by Costa Farms and readily available in big box stores. I paid $40 for this tiny plant. I was out of mind to be sure.

I planted it and it basically did nothing other than survive. This is what it looked like in October 2019 which was exactly what it looked like when I purchased it.

It did have three little spikes at that time. At some point it lost one of those leaf sets. The rhizome seemed pretty dry on top but alas it was still alive. In the meantime, I acquired two of the large Costa Farms ones from big box store. But this little guy still held a special place in my plant-heart. I guess because it was first and so small and the underdog or something.

Today I noticed that it is finally getting a new spike! I can't believe it. I'm cautiously optimistic!

It is rather anticlimactic if you compare it to my other substantial ZZ Ravens. But this little guy is trying!

Comment