SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alakatharine

Open Concept Wood Paneling and Cabinet Colors

Katharine Chu
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I'm in the middle of a large kitchen reno, and could desperately use some advice to tie in 3 separate rooms using a cohesive color scheme. I have a very traditional living room with wood paneling and beamed ceilings and a blank canvas for the kitchen and the sunroom. It's not in my budget to rip out the paneling and lay new drywall.

Living Room:

Here's the view of the living room from the kitchen:

Here's the view of the kitchen from the living room:

For the kitchen I was thinking I could have my cabinet maker create something like this to tie in with the more traditional paneling in the traditional living room. I love the color and with the stone / tile I selected can closely recreate the look. I have black matte stainless steel appliances and a similar marble.

Emily Henderson · More Info

If I took this color and used it in the traditional living room, would it be too much green? Should I paint the paneling white and some green accents maybe just the fireplace and built-ins?

The other option is a dark navy - not sure how I would carry it into the living room either.

Hickory & Blue Modern Farmhouse Kitchen Packed with Storage · More Info

Traditional Edina Elegance · More Info

Again, I'm worried about it being a little too much of the same color. Would you recommend going green or navy for a more cohesive look? Which one do you think has the more staying power?

Comments (7)