SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flamomo

Back with another floor plan and would love input

3 years ago

We have a S/SW facing lot with mountain and lake views in the back (facing N/NW) we are trying to maximize. This will be our summer home and we have 5 adult children and grandchildren that would come regularly to visit. We have an appointment with an architect but after talking to a builder we are not sure our budget will allow for a custom home. The builder does not have a plan with a walkout basement but the builder has gone to our site and agrees a walkout basement is the best type of house for our site. (The builder used to be with another company and has built walkouts in the past.) We are still exploring but the builder's design team said they could adapt one of their plans. Before going down that road I thought I would ask for input to see if this plan is a good plan to begin even trying to adapt.

I would change the following to the main floor to be able:

• I would put windows in guest bath, BR 3 and MB. Maybe in BR 2 if I can.
  • Convert closets for BR 3 and linen for stairs and make BR 3 a sunroom or away room. I would put a french door on other side of fireplace for reading/away room
  • French doors in place of door on BR 2 to help bring in light.
  • Straighten out garage
  • Take away tub in MB and see if we can rework so as not to walk thru bathroom to get to closet
  • Deck across back

Please let me know your thoughts on pursuing this idea or not and, if you think it's a good idea, what other changes should be made.

Thanks!

Comments (20)