SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
samantha_green7648

Oh do I need some help! New build: outside exterior and master layout

New_to_this
3 years ago

Hi All - I am looking for some help on my new build. I am not happy with the exterior of the house; I never saw a 3d drawing of it until after foundation was poured, so the ship has sailed! I need to some how break this up, make it seem less ominous. We built an apartment over the garage, hence the size. I knew when we decided to do that, I was never going to have a "visually perfect dream home" however, I feel like there is something that can be done to make it a bit better. The "middle portion" of the house was originally bumped out a bit and therefore created a "break" in the facade but was pushed back due to sq footage reduction (the focus was clearly on the inside without thought of the impact to the outside). So ideas...I was thinking of extending the porch roof over to the garage (or just shortening the porch altogether). The reason it is not now is because it is centered on the door. And again, the door is centered on "the main portion" of the house; "the middle" portion was supposed to be pushed out. Also was thinking different siding on the garage, maybe board and batten all the way down or shaker in the gable area.

And lastly, the master...lord help me...it's just a mess. Up for ideas across the board: bedroom (one window?! what is the bed supposed to be centered on??) closet, bath (only requirements for bath is no tub, large shower, toilet closet, long double vanity) .

Thank you all for the help!

Comments (11)