SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
geoffrey_b

Marvin Window Replacement Parts Nightmare

3 years ago

So I have 10 year old Marvin Ultimate double hung windows. One of the window latches broke, and another needed a gasket replaced.

I thought this would be fairly easy. I had the original invoice, why not contact Marvin and get the parts - I was really wrong.

Marvin won't sell you any parts (and these are simple parts). Marvin gave me four different dealers - all lumber yards - that sell Marvin windows. First one said we only sell wholesale - they really wanted to get rid of customers. Next one never returned my calls. Third one said we'll call you back - never did. I went in person to Scherer Brothers, in Hopkins, MN. The counter people were worthless. They had a Marvin window display - I showed what I wanted - still couldn't find the part. They ended up getting rid of me by sending me to another store that told me they don't sell Marvin parts.

I removed the broken lock - lo and behold - it is manufactured ( or supplied ) by Truth Hardware. I go to Truth Hardware site - the want $256 for a simple sash lock!!!!

I found the lock at allaboutdoors.com for $89 - still a ripoff - but I bought it.

Comments (13)