SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zeenig

What paint color to choose for my walls in formal living and dining?

Zeen
3 years ago

Hello! first of all I really want to say thanks to all who take their time and contribute to many discussions on Houzz. This year has been a difficult for many and yet people have found ways to come closer, help communities and above all cherish their families. So, a big Thank You to all!!

I'm getting my home painted and it seems the last it was painted was 16 years ago. I'm posting pictures of my formal living and dining. I want to change the paint to give it a complete different but fresh and modern look. I don't know what the current paint on walls is but it has more of yellow/beige/green undertone during daylight and more beige during nighttime.

Please help me in picking a color that would go with my room. I'm listing the colors of my furniture below in case its not clear in pictures.

Living Room (overall theme - inspired by floral blush/green/greys)

1. 3 seater in dark green (darker than emerald green and not teal)
  2. 2 seater side sofa in grey
  3. Accent tables in brass and marble top
  4. Pillows in shades of Silver/Grey/Blush
  5. Accent flowers in shades of blush/white

Dining Room (overall theme - misty/silver/aqua)

1. Dining table in grey
  2. Mirror in shade of chrome
  3. Chandelier in shade of chrome
  4. Accents in shades of aqua

I'm leaning towards a more darker wall as "accent wall" where the mirror is such as "Sherwin Williams Waterloo" and rest of the walls in "Sherwin Williams Misty". I want to keep the same theme in Living Room by keeping one wall dark that has fire place, but rest of the room as more white.

My concern is if dark color is going to make it too dark? I'm looking into something different and yet refreshing and soothing. I'm also going to paint the adjacent hallways and kitchen in more neutrals of grey/white.

Please advise!

Thank you much!!

P.S. pictures are taken during day light. Also, some of the pieces such as rug and window treatments are old and for now i am not focused on that as we plan to change it later.

Attached further are some ideas I captured from net.

Ideas in mind:

Comments (5)