SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bbstxx

Adjustable bed - bedskirts?

bbstx
3 years ago

I bit the bullet and bought a split king adjustable bed. (I know, I know, I said I wasn’t going to do it right now, but I did - long story).

I did not buy a bedstead, merely the base. I am going to use the upholstered headboard I already have. The headboard will get hung on the wall. The big question is what do I do about a bedskirt? What have you done? A friend’s decorator did the usual and but the skirt platform between the bed and the base. I have visions of the skirt getting hung up as the bed is raised and lowered.

Here is the base I bought...the picture is a queen. I bought the split king. The headboard in the photo is not included.

The stationary part (black) appears to be recessed. The gray band around the articulated part appears to be where a skirt would go.

My preference for a skirt would be tailored in linen, matelasse, or pique, but I might have to use a gathered skirt for this. My other thought is have chunky wood legs made to replace the skinny black legs and go skirtless. Don’t know how that would work exactly.

Please give me your thoughts, ideas, experiences for something like this.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH