SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
michael_adamyk

Decorating a small basement office

Michael A.
3 years ago

Hi everyone,

The photos are shots (including a panorama) of my small office at work. I recently started this job and am trying to make it feel more like my space. My gut really wants to paint either a single wall or the entire office a dark color (probably some type of navy, maybe even dark gray or black), and my sister-in-law agrees, but my boss thinks it will make the office feel even smaller.

What do you think? The office is 9'x7', and is mostly filled with the desk. It is in a basement with no windows, so it has no natural light. I can bring in as many lamps as I please.

Work Office: Before · More Info

Any suggestions other than color are welcomed too. I'm trying to make it a bit more masculine, and am considering either a space or outdoorsy theme with a big photo poster on the wall above the computer. Mainly I want it to feel tranquil, welcoming, and helpful for concentration.

Because it's a work office, I can't change the construction at all, but I am able to paint or decorate it how I want. (And yes, it's a bit of a mess. It's getting better as I get more organized...) :-)

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County