SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lawrence_wiesner

Pro Gas Rangetop Vs. Induction?

Lawrence W
3 years ago

I'm building now and have a choice between a 36" Bluestar Platinum rangetop and an induction cooktop. Never cooked on either a pro rangetop or induction, but have used normal gas stoves all my life. I've read a lot about the benefits of induction and it sounds great, but I have no experience with it other than a quick demo in an appliance showroom where the salesman quickly brought 10 ice cubes to a boil. For those of you who have used both, how would you compare the cooking experience of one vs the other? My practical side says go with induction for the lower cost, less ventilation demands, and efficiency. My other side says gas is tried and true, simpler technology if something goes wrong, the high btu burners are awesome, and the rangetop looks pretty cool.

Everything I've read says induction beats gas in almost every category, but I've never seen it compared to a high btu pro style range like the Bluestar. I'm also afraid I won't like cooking on it. The induction unit I'm considering is the 36" Jennair which claims the highest wattage element in production.

This will be going in our new home which we plan to be in through retirement. What would you recommend?

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting