SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donna_loomis

Stand Mixer Recommendations, Please.

donna_loomis
3 years ago

I was given the gift of a new Sunbeam Mixmaster Heritage Series stand mixer about a dozen years ago. I have never made friends with it. It has a small bowl and a larger bowl, beaters, and a dough hook. The beaters don't even get close to the sides of the bowls, so I never stop scraping the sides to make sure everything gets mixed. I ended up buying a Kitchen Aid hand mixer that is excellent at whipping cream and mixing cakes and other things. For bread, I've always kneaded by hand.

Today I decided to give Sunbeam one more chance, this time for dinner rolls. Another disappointment. I had to constantly coax the bowl to turn and toward the end I just had to take the dough out of the bowl and finish kneading by hand. And kneading is becoming hard on my hands.

I need a new mixer for making bread dough. I'm very happy to use my hand mixer for everything else. Ideally I would prefer not to spend more than $250. Looking online is frustrating, because one website's top 10 are on the low end of another's website. And looking at Amazon reviews isn't as helpful as you might think, because I don't know if an awesome review is necessarily for using the mixer for bread dough. Hence, I am here asking those who use a stand mixer for making bread dough and love their mixer a few questions.

1. What brand and model do you have?

2. How long have you had it?

3. Is the price in the range I specified?

Comments (59)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County