SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_1372451

Fresh eyes/help with my fireplace tile selection

User
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

We’ve been in this home for 26 years and it is past time for a refresh on the hard surfaces. Hardwood floor is being redone and will be installed in the living room. Color will be along the Jacobean/ebony mix line (as neutral a brown as possible I hope).

The mantel and bookshelves have always been green and I still like it, in fact I’m thinking of painting the cabinets on my (white) kitchen island the same color. It is an open concept room and the island cabinet doors need replacing anyway.

I’m really struggling with tile choice to replace the pinky beige tile (mistake right from the start!) on the fireplace though. I like this one from Ames http://www.amestile.com/lugn29 ,which is actually much closer in color than it appears online, but worry that I’m creating a giant green wall with no contrast. Should I just stick to something neutral? Large format? Mosaic?

I've found a few that might give it a bit of a vintage feel, which would work with the antiques in our home but many of them are colored so same issue. I also don't mind this greigy small stone mosaic but it may come off as too modern.

I can’t really see this objectively anymore…help!

Comments (2)