SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dailycollector

Need Fresh Eyes For Layout Of Garage Remodel

dailycollector
16 years ago

I hope I'm posting this to the right site! Ive come to realize that more heads are better than one! You all seem to come up with the best ideas. So, IÂm hoping you can help me, because IÂm going crazy trying to figure this out! My husband and I will be moving in with my older sister, to take care of her. We will convert the garage into our living area, sharing the kitchen and computer room/office. We all feel that we each need to have a place of our own, for privacy. The space I have to work with is only 322 sq. feet., with cement flooring. I need to find a way to maximize as much storage and space as possible. Everything has to do double (or triple) duty! I figure if a fresh pair of eyes looks at it, maybe theyÂll see something we donÂt. WeÂve changed this floor plan at least a dozen times, and I swear, we are now up to 'Plan W'!! lol DH is so wonderful about this; he doesnÂt care what it looks like, as long as itÂs functional. IÂm making sure he gets a nice, big shed for his work shop! My style is cottage with some shabby chic. Even though we live within walking distance of a lake, I donÂt want it to be nautical or anything too modern. IÂm trying to make it casual, homey and relaxing, as well as easy to maintain. Money is a BIG factor; not much to work with. WeÂre willing to compromise on some things (like a bay window) in order to get the 'must haves' (laminate flooring and lots of cabinets). If we can have high speed internet, I will gladly give up my dream of having a porch. Well, maybe! I was kind of looking forward to sleeping outside, with the sound of the waves lulling me to sleep. OK, enough day dreaming! I hope you all have your thinking caps on! Here is the most recent floor plan weÂve come up with. Hope itÂs not too confusing.

Comments (15)