SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tranquillity_cottage

Wallpaper ideas for a studio

I have a long narrow studio currently painted a dark chocolate brown with two white French doors and a two large windows in the area. There are also two skylights in the space. Floor to ceiling white curtains from Pottery Barn hang from pewter (plumbing look) rods. The ceiling has a Cathedral slope and it is covered in a light wood. The room is divided into three open sections - office, craft studio, bedroom. The bedroom area has wainscotting and it is stained the same color as the ceiling. There is a loft above, which lowers the ceiling height of this section. The white iron bed is covered with a white down comforter. White pillowcases are on the bed, as well as a blue patterned pillows from the same designer as the brown fabric. I would like to hang wallcovering in white and black above the wainscotting. I am selecting the black color because of the black built-in bookcases in the office area - located on the opposite side of the room. The craft area has white cabinets (I am still deciding between black or pewter handles) and a curtain covers a section of the cabinets. The background-color of the fabric matches the painted walls. A white slip-covered sofa is in the craft area. Which of the three wallcoverings do you think works the best? Do you have any other suggestions? Right now the room is torn apart with redecorating, so I didn't include pictures. Thanks for your help. Linda

Fabric on the front of a couple of white cabinets

Black and White Geometric Wallcovering

Pickup Sticks Wallcovering in Black and White

Dashes Wallcovering - This image is in Dark Navy and Charcoal, but there is a Black Design too

Lotta's Blue Fabric for the pillows

I also have this fabric that is a much smaller scale than the brown. The background is more of a winter white.

Comments (5)